Welcome to RES Physical Medicine & Rehab, the premiere prolotherapy center in the Buffalo, NY area, and home of Dr. Mikhail Strut. Expert Buffalo Prolotherapy Doctor, Dr. Mikhail Strut, has cured chronic pain conditions for thousands of Buffalo patients, with over 80% of all patients obtaining full relief of their chronic pain, and over 90% of his patients finding at least partial relief.
Dr. Mikhail Strut is active in the Hackett Hemwall Foundation, a foundation dedicated to helping people who otherwise would be unable to afford prolotherapy around the world. Each year, this foundation provides free healthcare to thousands of patients each year that otherwise would not have access to this medical care.
Buffalo Prolotherapy Doctor, Dr. Strut, works directly with each patient to individually address their specific symptoms. Staying on top of the industry’s advancements and learning new disciplines, Dr. Strut is on the cutting edge of ligament and tendon repair and pain management. He is the first Buffalo doctor to use Musculoskeletal Ultrasound to diagnose the issue, as well as guide prolotherapy. This innovative process helps identify, diagnose and treat the conditions that cause chronic pain.
- Current Active License to Practice Medicine and Surgery in State of New York
- Board Certification from American Academy Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- 9/21/07- Pass Written Portion of the PM@R Board Examination -82%.
- 5/18/08- took Oral Portion of the PM@R Board Examination
- 1/08- receive Certification as Homotoxicologist and Biological Medicine Specialist
University at Buffalo School of Medicine 462 Grider St., Buffalo.NY
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation PGY4 June2003-current
Internal Medicine In-service Exam 98%
04-05 Physical Medicine In-service Exam 88%
06-07 Physical Medicine In-service Exam 81%
Ross University School of Medicine 460 W. 34 Street, NY NY
Doctor of Medicine. Jan 2000- May2003
GPA 4.0 Basic Science, 3.75 Clinical Science.
USMLE STEP1 97%
USMLE STEP2 93%
USMLE STEP3 80%
Daemen College 4380 Main St, Amherst NY
BS in Physical Therapy Sep 1994-May 1998
Minor in Biology
Erie Community College 21 Elliott St., Buffalo, NY
General Science Jul 1993-Aug 1994
Ross University School of Medicine
- Dean’s list from January 2000-May 2003
- Graduate with Highest Honors
- Dean’s list from September 1994-May 1998
- Cum Laude
Erie Community College
- Helen Phuphas Memorial Scholarship for a Best Student of the Year, 1993-1994
- President of the European-American Club, 1993-1994
January 2009-April 2009
Attending Physician/ Medical Director Geneva General Hospital with privileges to practice Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and Pain Management
Attending Physician/ Associate Medical Director Winchester Rehabilitation Center with privileges to practice Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and Pain Management
June 2003-June 2007
University at Buffalo School of Medicine 462Grider St. Buffalo, NY 14215 Resident Physician
Designing and managing rehabilitation program and treatment plan of patients with neurological, orthopedic, cardiovascular, and cognitive disabilities.
Will Care Home Care Agency 346 Delaware Ave Buffalo, NY14202
Staff Physical Therapist
Providing in home rehabilitation program to restore functional status of patient who were recently discharge from the hospital.
Jul 1999-Jan 2000
New Care Medical 2118 Gravesend Neck Rd. Brooklyn, NY 11229 Staff Physical Therapist
Supervision and coordination of rehabilitation services for senior citizens.
Jan 1999-Jan 2000
Midtown Rehabilitation Centre 271 Lexington Ave New York, NY 10006
Staff Physical Therapist
Supervision and coordination of rehabilitation services for patients with orthopedic and neurological Jan 2000 or injuries.
Feb 1999-Jan 2000
Millennium Home Care Agency 2606 Snyder Ave Brooklyn, NY11226
Home Care Physical Therapist
Rehabilitation of patients post lower extremity total or partial joint replacement.
Jul 1998-Jan 1999
Hospital for Joint Diseases Orthopedic Institute 5911 16th Ave Brooklyn, NY 11204
Staff Physical Therapist
Outpatient rehabilitation of orthopedic and neurological injuries.
- Worked as research assistant on Evaluation of Prolotherapy for restoration and rehabilitation of patients with chronic low back pain.
- Worked as independent Investigator on Design and efficacy of Weight Loss effect on Diabetes Mellitus Type II and Hypertension. In addition development of most effective diet program to lose weight and treat chronic conditions such as diabetes and hypertension.
- Worked as student research fellow for the Physical Therapy at Daemen College in Snyder, NY. Topic “Treatment of Primary Decalcitrated Wounds with Hydrogen Peroxide and High Volt Electrical Stimulation”
- Primary Investigator Murphy Cathleen PhD, Brogan Michael, MS, PT.
Proficient in performing
- A) Lumbar and Lower Extremity interventional procedures under fluoroscopic guidance including but not limited to:
- Transforaminal Epidural injections
- Interlaminar (Trans-) Epidural Steroid Injections
- Caudal Epidural Steroid injections
- Lumbar facet joint steroid injections and Medial Bundle Brunch Blocks
- Sacroiliac Joint injections
- Hip Steroid injections and Arthograms
- B) Wide variety peripheral joint and soft tissue injections
- C) Peripheral Nerve Blocks with and without EMG guidance
- D) Viscosuplementation of the knee and other joints with Synvisc,
Hyalagan or Euflexa with and without Fluoroscopic or Ultrasound Guidance
- F) Non Surgical joint and Spine Reconstruction and Restoration
- G) Chemodenervation with Botox, MyoBlock with or without EMG Guidance for Spacticity and Pain Management in Adults and Children
- H) Motor point Blocks and Neurolisis with Phenol under EMG guidance
- I) Proficient in performing and interpreting variety of electrodiagnostic studies including but not limited to
1) Electromyography (EMG)
2) Nerve Conduction Studies (NCS)
3) Evoked Somatosensory Potentials (SSEP) including Bulbocavernous Reflex and Pudendal Nerve Study for Erectile Dysfunction and Bowel/Bladder incontinence
- J) Performance and Interpretation of Musculoskeletal Imaging including but not limited to CT Scan X-ray, MRI, and Ultrasound
- K) Usage of Nutritional Concepts in treatment of Chronic Medical Conditions including Painful Syndromes.
- 5/3-5/6/2007 Prosthetics and Orthotics New Technologies and Advances
Strong Memorial Hospital Rochester NY
- 3/2-316/2007 Completed Hackett Hemmwall Foundation Prolotherapy Interventional Course in LaCeiba, Honduras
- 10/11-10/14/2006 New Advances in Prolotherapy University of Wisconsin Madison, Wisconsin
- 5/9-5/10/2006 Cutting Edge in Upper Extremity Development of Orthotics and Prosthetics Holiday In, Amherst NY
- 4/26-4/29/2006 New Treatments For Sports Injury and Introduction to Prolotherapy The L’Enfant Hotel, Washington DC
- 1/2 2006 Legal Medicine and Medical Malpractice
NIH sponsored course on the Web
- 5/18-5/19/2005 New Breakthrough Technology in Development of Lower Extremity Orthotics and Prosthetics Strong Memorial Hospital Rochester NY
- Associate Instructor of Clinical Science at University at Buffalo School of Medicine Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and Internal Medicine.
- Tutored other students in the subjects of the Anatomy, Neuroanatomy and Physiology at Ross University School of Medicine.
- Teaching Assistant for the “Introduction to Clinical Medicine-2” course at the Ross University School of Medicine in Miami, FL.
- Teaching Assistant in Anatomy, Neuroanatomy, Physiology, Orthopedics and Neurorehabilitation at the Daemen College in Snyder, NY.
- Teaching Assistant and Tutor in General Chemistry, Advanced Calculus Based Physics and Calculus at the Erie Community College in Buffalo, NY.
- 12/05-curent Served as volunteer Medical Consultant for Headway of WNY
Counsel and advised victims and their relatives on consequences and coping skills for patients with Traumatic and Non-Traumatic Brain Injury
- Fillmore Hospital Gates Circle. Duties included Russian – English and English-Russian interpretation for the Hospital patients.
- Several Medical Missions from 2006-2009 to Honduras to provide Musculoskeletal/ Pain Management to indigent poorest patient.
- Fluent in English, Russian.
- Understand Romanian, and Yiddish.